Skip to main content

The Last Year

So it's a new school year but this time for me, it's different. This year is all about getting the grades to be able to go to University next year. To cherish the memories I will make in the next year. I've started this blog because I love to write and I want to be able to do this weekly. Just touching on what's happened in the week and what's made me smile.

Over the past few weeks, I have been on a roller-coaster of emotions. A lot of them were not good feelings and although some of those still remain, I am happy for once. I am happy because of the support I have from friends and family when telling them the problems I have and will be facing in the coming months. It's quite hard when you cannot tell anyone what you really feel when they ask how you are. You don't want to tell them to bring their mood down but you need to talk to someone.

But right now, that is over with and i am enjoying the life I have. I am getting help for the problems I am facing but most of all, I have the most amazing friends who help me, cheer me up and just are the best ones in my life. 

When I think of myself a year ago, I smile. Before starting sixth form, I was not sure about doing Media and now I am hoping to do it at University! Things can make you realise what you love in life. On that first Media lesson I knew this was going to be a big part of my future and I am so happy I chose the subject.

Friday - So I got amazing news today! I got a conditional offer from the University of Winchester and I am over the moon about this. I have put so much effort into trying to find a good uni for me to go to! I just need to work hard this year to be able to go there!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Out: 1 Year On

Now I waited a little bit after the 30th June to write this post (a month basically) mainly because I moved out of halls and into a house and basically I was busy with finding jobs and doing bits on the side and have been very M.I.A with my blog at the moment and I apologise so here is a long blog post about what happened after I moved out and where I am today and how I got here. So I left home (my Nan's house) on the 30th June 2016. That day was so hard for me. Leaving a place I called home was really scary but I knew at that point in my life I had to do it there and then. I waited with a friend and I stayed at his house for a few nights while I sorted things out and where I was going to stay and things like that. I was going to be moving into halls on September 10th that year for University so I had about 2-3 months to figure out where I would be staying and how I would get all my stuff for University with no job and no home. After a few days at that friend’s house, I was abl

I CHANGED MY BLOG?

Now I know what you may be thinking and that is probably, why is Katy now writing her blog posts on Wordpress? I have been thinking about moving from Blogger for a while now and I saw a Tweet saying they were thinking of moving over to Wordpress too and so I decided to finally do it.  Blogger has been in my life for nearly 2 years and while it is a good site for Blogging, I needed a change and somewhere where I could explore my creativity more as an adult and be able to use a site where I could input my own made creations onto my own blog.  I made my first blog post on Blogger back in December 2015 when I was 17 and now that I'm 19, I knew I needed to make the transition with my blog but I didn't know how and I definitely didn't know when. So no, I haven't changed my blog at all, I have just changed the site where it is hosted. I will still keep my Blogger site up and live for people to see my old posts but this post will both be on my Blogger and Wordpress blogs.